Parenting in the Internet Age
with Father Sean Kilcawley
Institution on the Ropes
Marriage and Family
Brought to you by St Cecilia Health Ministry
This presentation was given on Wednesday, August 26th - watch the replay by clicking the image above!
WHO: All Parents, Grandparents, Teachers, and Any Adult who cares about kids
In the video, you will learn:
- The immensely important role you play in the New Evangelization
- Statistics and effects of pornography use and exposure
- How to use parental controls effectively
- The difference between filtering and online accountability
- Advance techniques for protecting kids online
- How to have effective conversations about what we see online and why it is so important to have these conversation.
- Featured Speaker: Father Sean Kilcawley
Father Sean Kilcawley is the Director of Family Life Office and is a nationally recognized speaker on Theology of the Body, Human love, and pornography addiction.
- 50% of all Christian men and 20% of all Christian women say they are addicted to pornography.
- The first exposure to pornography among men is 12 years old
- 71% of teens hide online behavior from their parents
- 20% of 16 year olds and 30% of 17 year olds have received a sext.
- 6 out of 10 girls were exposed to pornography before 18.
- 83% of boys and 57% of girls have seen group sex online.
- 69% of boys and 55% of girls have seen same sex intercourse online
- 56% of divorce cases involve one party having an obsessive interest in pornography
- 70% of wives of sex addicts could be diagnosed with PTSD
Presentation outlining the modern attacks on marriage and family and what we can do to pray and protect families.
© 2013 Saint Cecilia Catholic Church. All Rights Reserved